My name is Sherlene Angeles, a loan processor, tinkerer, and custodian of memory who is on a journey to find meaning in the everyday mundane through writing and memory-keeping. Founded in 2016, Sherlene Files is a documentation of my growth in the corporate realm when my world revolves around my career journey.
After 5 years of a steady stream, I took on another plunge and rechristened the site Hiraya at Gunita (Of Dreams, Hopes, and Memories). The move is a representation of starting a fresh slate as life unfolds and priorities change.
Now, the space explores living beyond the boxes of the present by documenting the tales of what had been and what could have been. It is home where I would fill the gaps with the words and arts reflecting dreams, hopes, and memories. This is an extension of what I always do – filling pages with moments and putting together souvenirs from the places of the world and the heart.
I share with you the bliss and the nostalgic appeal of a stack of notebooks and boxes of ephemera – all of these special moments immortalized. Going back to our documented days would relive them, bringing us to the rabbit hole of bliss and glory.
One day, we will tell our grandchildren our stories. We will not last an eternity but hopefully, our tales do.
- Philippine Daily Inquirer Young Blood | Last Person on Earth
- Philippine Daily Inquirer Young Blood | Time Traveling in a Shoebox
- Philippine Daily Inquirer InqPop! | Longing For Someone I Haven’t Met (Yet)
- Manillenials | My Cool Off With Social Media
- Claire Delfin Media | Productive Activities for the Unemployed Fresh Graduate
- Claire Delfin Media | The Life of an NBSB